Southwestern Chicken Baked in Foil (from The Joy of Cooking):
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 oz. mild goat cheese at room temperature
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 3 sun-dried tomato halves in oil, minced
- 2 cups canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. red wine vinegar
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- lime wedges
- Make an incision about 3 inches long and 2 inches deep in the middle of the thick sides of the chicken breast to create a pocket.
- In a small bowl combine the goat cheese, jalapeno peppers and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Spoon the filling into each of the pockets of the chicken breasts. Press to seal the edges. Generously season each breast with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine the black beans, onion, cilantro, olive oil, cumin, red wine vinegar, and cayenne pepper.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut squares of foil big enough for the individual chicken breasts.
- Spoon 1/4 of the black bean mixture on each foil square and top with a chicken breast. Fold the foil over and fold the edges all around to close the packet tightly.
- Set on baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes until packets are puffed. Serve with lime wedges.
- Say goodbye to dry, tasteless chicken.