I got this recipe from my mom. I don't know where it's from originally. So easy to make, and sooo good.
- 9 inch pie crust
- butter or olive oil
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 4 slices of bacon, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbs. dijon mustard
- 1 cup Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 5 tbs. heavy cream
- Saute the bacon and leeks in a little butter or olive oil. (Start the bacon first so it gets a bit browned and the leeks don't burn.)
- Whisk eggs, mustard, cream. Add cheese.
- Add bacon and leeks to mixture and pour into pie shell. (I put my pie crust into a quiche pan with a removable bottom for easy removal, but any pie dish would be fine.)
- Bake at 325 degrees for 20-25 minutes.