Saturday, April 25, 2009

We're very fancy

I'm not known for my grace and elegance. I sometimes scratch myself inappropriately, and I trip over my own feet ALL. THE. TIME. And there are other far more embarrassing things that I've done (and do), but I can't reveal them all in one post, lest there be a mass exodus from my minimal readership. All in good time.

But there is one classy, elegant thing I love, and that is afternoon tea. Tiny foods thrill me. So I spent a lovely Saturday afternoon at the Langham Hotel in Pasadena with my friends Kim and Gwyn for Kim's birthday.



It started with several mini sandwiches...
That shrimp one was ah-mazing, and there was a yummy cucumber one too. Yes, that is caviar on the egg one, and I have decided that caviar is the Devil's fare. Barf.
Check out the desserts! I'm still in a sugar coma, but it's so worth it.

It's been hours and I'm still thinking about that raspberry one. I died. Gwyn also approved...

I had such a great time, and happy, happy birthday Kim!

Oh, I have to mention this, because it cracked me up. Valet parking is mandatory at the hotel. There is no visitors lot or nearby street parking. So as we were pulling up next to Bentleys and Jags (not exaggerating) in Gwyn's 2001 Mitsubishi Mirage (I'm not hating-I have a 2000 Civic. It's just pertinent to the story.), Gwyn says, "I'm gonna tell the guy to make sure to take care of my baby. And, oh yeah, it doesn't have a grill." LOL!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you girls had a fabulous time! Going to high tea is something I have always wanted to do but haven't. The food looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete