Monday, June 22, 2009

The weekend was...

My friend Jim's wedding in Dana Point...

It was a lot of fun, despite being a little chilly and drizzly. And the person whose idea it was to make the chocolate cupcakes be brownies deserves a parade in their honor.

and a little Father's Day/my birthday celebration at my parents' house...
We're big game people, so there were games. And during this one, I *might* have had a minor tantrum that made me look like I had just turned 3 instead of 32 because I was losing so badly. I'm talking record losing. Never in the history of anyone anywhere playing this game has someone racked up as many points as I did. But my mood was instantly lifted when this baby was brought out...

A vanilla raspberry cake with buttercream frosting, covered in a bajillion white chocolate shavings. That's how many there were. I counted.

It was a lovely weekend, and Happy Father's Day, Papa!

No comments:

Post a Comment