Friday, March 13, 2009

So far, so good

Dinner last night turned out great!

I used up the last bit of sausage from the freezer


I sliced up the two sad bell peppers that have been in the fridge I'm not even sure how many weeks now. Would you look at this pathetic thing...

Then I did something I don't normally do when I make this. I added half a can of crushed tomatoes, since it was open in the fridge and the point is to get rid of stuff. I use this kind of canned tomatoes because they are by far the best I've ever tasted. I could eat it straight out of the can with a spoon.


Then we put it over pasta with a little Parmesan, and voila, super easy (and cheap) meal. And we both thought it was the best it's ever tasted with the added tomatoes, even with the less than fresh peppers.

And, this morning I made smoothies with a couple of black bananas we had still laying around. And I mean black. I didn't even take a picture 'cause it's embarrassing. Inedible on their own, but delish in a smoothie!

No comments:

Post a Comment