Tuesday, March 15, 2011

25 Things to do with Avery


I can't wait to:

  • bake cookies
  • go for walks after dinner
  • go to museums
  • have Easter egg hunts
  • have pancakes on Saturday mornings
  • collect shells at the beach
  • have tea parties - real and pretend
  • teach her to love animals
  • teach her to share
  • play dress-up
  • have movie nights at home with popcorn
  • dance to the ipod - I'm gonna teach her my sweet moves, lucky girl
  • get ice cream cones on a hot day
  • carve pumpkins
  • teach her to be kind to everyone
  • go to storytime at the library
  • finger paint
  • go to the mountains to play in the snow
  • go to Disney World
  • take a mommy-and-me class
  • lay on the lawn and watch for shooting stars
  • ride bikes
  • pull her in a wagon in the 4th of July parade
  • play board games
  • take a billion pictures of her


I tell her all the time all the things her daddy and I are going to do with her, and mostly I get a blank stare, but every so often I get a smile. I think she gets all the fun we're gonna have. Or it's gas.

6 comments:

  1. Awww.... so many wonderful memories to come! I already feel this way about our niece, I'd imagine the feeling is just huge with your own baby. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous, and almost wish I could be little Avery. All those things sound like so much fun and will create so many wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh you guys are going to have so. much. fun!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweetheart!! Congrats on becoming a mom! So glad you're back in blogland. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Avery is so sweet and lovely! I could have written that exact list when my babies were little and I'm happy to say we've done almost all of them! I love that you obviously are aware of the treasure those simple things are. Thank you for your sweet comment about Peyton's sweet shoppe party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet post! Following you from our Bloggy Mom's fb group!

    ReplyDelete